Perform installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems, and equipment. Maintain and provide for safe working conditions and operation of all electrical fixtures and systems on job site. Provides supervision and leadership to apprentices and assistants on job site.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generate high quality work in alignment with the vision and mission of Rob Stubbins Electrical.
- Work with the Service Manager in planning, routing of and execution of installation or repair work.
- Supervises coworkers and participates in the construction, installation, and modification of electrical appliances, systems, facilities, and related controls and devices by interpreting blueprints, schematics, manufacturers’ specifications, and written and verbal instructions.
- Instructs apprentices and assistants in the techniques and procedures employed in the electrical trade; inspect apprentices’ work to determine that they follow the necessary operations and that works conforms to specifications.
- Work closely with the Material Coordinator to determine the types, sizes and quantities of materials needed on the site to ensure smooth work flow
- Enter job progress notes daily into Buildertrend, to include job aspects completed or underway, photos as well as document all materials used.
- Follow and promote the use of standard operating procedures as set for service department.
- Communication proficiency
- Leadership/supervisory ability
- Problem Solving/analysis
- Time/Priority management
This position will provide oversight of Electrical apprentices and assistants.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Journeyman electrical license in good standing with the Licensing Board
- Demonstrated ability to lead an apprentice/helper team of 2
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- OSHA 10 Card
- OSHA 30 card
Rob Stubbins Electric provides for Equal Employment Opportunities, and does not discriminate against RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, AGE, SEX or GENETICS.